"Love talked about can be easily pushed aside, but love demonstrated is irresistable"-W Stanley Mooneyham

Monday, September 20, 2010

Weekend in Greenville



I started my weekend out at Macaroni Grill for dinner with my best friend, Brittney. (This is her blog-thanks for posing Britt!) I had the absolute BEST time with her! She is so precious and we had such good conversation.

...And good drinks



I left dinner ready to move back to Greenville...like, that night. I don't mind Columbia, but Greenville is where my heart is-right along with my family and friends there.

The next day I set out solo for some Me-time. I visited Britt at work downtown and then roamed the farmer's market.



I'm not sure if this was a good idea or a bad idea because the whole time I thought, "Well, I would buy those green beans and sweet potatoes, but I live in Columbia...which means I'd have to lug them back to Columbia. I think I hate Columbia. I really love Greenville. Why are we not in Greenville?! This is terrible..."

Discontent much? Yeah...I need an attitude change-I'm working on that.

There were a wide range of booths offering anything from organic chicken to pottery. The booth owners came from Charleston to North Carolina to be there, and they do it every Saturday (until 12pm)



Everything looked amazing, and if I did live in Greenville, I'd be buying ALL of our vegetables here.



and here...



When I left the farmer's market I made my way to the West End, and came across Heaven...



it deserves it's on post, however so you will have to stay tuned for more on that in my next post!

When I left downtown I made a stop by my favorite boutique in Greenville, Hampden Clothing and found this beautiful necklace that I now want.





I had the best afternoon to myself! I absolutely loved every bit of it. My brother Jason and I met up for lunch late that afternoon, and because he's the nicest guy in the entire world he agreed to go shopping with me...at one stop anyway.

That night we went to watch the Auburn/Clemson game at Nikki's Aunt's house so I decided to bring along one of my game day favorites. If you want the recipe you can find it here.



So easy and so good!



The only picture I managed to snag was this one of Nikki and her cousin...



I could eat that child she's so cute and tiny!

I hope your weekend was as wonderful as mine! Back to the real world now...until Thursday when my mom gets here!!

2 comments:

  1. ohhh! megan! we are SO similiar it scares me. We went to Charleston this weekend & all weekend I was thinking of HOW wonderful life would be if we lived in Charleston or downtown G'ville somewhere w/ a better atmosphere than where we live now. It just seemed like everything would fall perfectly into place if we did. & I was VERY sad to be home last night!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had so much fun with you!!! i wish you lived here allllllllllll the time!!!! :( love you!

    ReplyDelete