"Love talked about can be easily pushed aside, but love demonstrated is irresistable"-W Stanley Mooneyham

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Honey Bars

Blake and I laugh because every time I cook anything it always ends up on the blog. I'm still working on it! I keep thinking, "Well, when I have babies I'll be better at making meals..."

I can only hope that will be true.

We were invited to a dinner party Friday night, and so I asked what I could bring. She told me to bring dessert so immediately I called my own Paula Dean...my sister!

She is the best cook, and she always has something for me to whip up. I told her my credentials for it were that it needed to be cheap to make, easy, quick, not too fancy and delicious, and so she told me that this Honey Bar recipe would be perfect. Our friend, Christina used to make these in college and we became addicted. I'm so glad Kel reminded me of these!

I've just recently added a link to all of my recipes right under the blog roll because I hate when I can't find a recipe I'm looking for. So I hope if you ever need to find one it will help! :)

Here is what you will Need:



1. 1 Cup of Sugar
2. 2 Cups of Flour
3. 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
4. 1 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
5. 1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
6. 1/4 Cup of Honey
7. 1 Egg
8. 3/4 Cup of Vegetable or Canola Oil


First, mix all of the dry ingredients together (#1-5)



Then mix all the liquid ingredients (#6-8) -Sorry I didn't snag a picture

Then in a large bowl mix all together...



Mix well until a dough ball forms



Place on a greased cookie sheet...



Spread with your fingers...(Mine only covered about 3/4 of the cookie sheet)



Bake on 350 degrees for 15 minutes, but be careful not to over-cook



To add a little decoration I just sprinkled powdered sugar on top with my shaker, but you don't have to.



And Voila! Hunny Bars...



The full directions...

You will Need:

1. 1 Cup of Sugar
2. 2 Cups of Flour
3. 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
4. 1 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
5. 1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
6. 1/4 Cup of Honey
7. 1 Egg
8. 3/4 Cup of Vegetable or Canola Oil

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix all dry ingredients (1-5)
3. Mix all liquid ingredients (6-8)
4. Then in large bowl mix altogether and form into a dough ball
5. Place on greased cookie sheet and spread into a thin layer
6. Cook for 15 minutes (being careful not to over-cook)

No comments:

Post a Comment