"Love talked about can be easily pushed aside, but love demonstrated is irresistable"-W Stanley Mooneyham

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Desserts for the weekend on the Agenda...

Nestle Toll house Pie

And my old favorite...Puppy Chow


In preparation for Christmas Day 4th of July (ok it just feels like Christmas Eve today because I'M SO EXCITED TO GO ON A FUN VACATION TO THE LAKE WITH OUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY!!) My mother-in-law and my (hope to one day soon be sister-in-law!!) best friend Nikki (who is Blake's twin's girlfriend...did you follow?!) and I have been talking about our menu for this weekend for the past 6 weekends...apparently I'm not the only one who is excited.


So we are each going to make 2 desserts, and these were the two I decided on. Let me just say if you have never had puppy chow...YOU ARE MISSING OUT! Do yourself a favor and make it this weekend to bring to your 4th of July parties.

Here is the recipe: (and mine is different from the website, I'v
e tweaked it a bit over the years)
2 bags of Milk Chocolate Morsels (not semi-sweet!)
1 box of Rice Chex Cereal
1/2 cup of Peanut Butter (you can do less or more depending on how much pb you like, but I think this is a good amount)
2-3 cups (ish) of powdered sugar
1. In a large mixing bowl melt chocolate chips down in 1 minute increments in the microwave. (Mine usually takes 3 times)
2. When chocolate chips are completely melted down, mix peanut butter into mixture.
3. Either combine cereal into mixture and coat completely OR you can put the cereal in a seperate bowl and pour chocolate/peanut butter mixture over cereal (this is sometimes easier and less messy, but your choice!)
4. divide the finished coated cereal into 2 equal freezer size ziploc bags.
5. Add about 1-1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar into each bag. (I've never actually measured this...I always just dump a large amount, shake well and see how coated it comes out, but I like it to look like a winter wonderland of white, so you may like a little less Powdered Sugar)
6. Put the finished product in the refrigerator or freezer (I like mine in fridge) to harden for about 30 minutes or you can serve immediately.
The Toll House pie recipe can be found by clicking here


I hope you all have a wonderful weekend...I'll be going to get a spray tan tonight so I don't blind you in all of my pictures that I'll be posting from this weekend! :)

HAPPY 4th OF JULY (ALMOST!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment