"Love talked about can be easily pushed aside, but love demonstrated is irresistable"-W Stanley Mooneyham

Thursday, September 9, 2010

One of my favorite blogs...The Journey



So many times I look at my blog and think, gosh, this is so superficial. Maybe it is a picture of where my heart is which is pretty scary, but I never want to lose focus of what is truly important.

Sometimes I wonder what my life would have looked like if I hadn't married Blake, if I would have moved somewhere else, if I would have taken a different path, ect and I think to myself, "I definitely could have done something with my life if I wasn't where I was now." I find myself making excuses and being discontent on a regular basis, and then I read a blog like The Journey and my life is immediately put back into perspective.

Katie is a 20-something girl who has adopted FOURTEEN African children, and is mothering them on a daily basis. Her stories will cut your heart open. I have to admit that I find myself envying her strength and wishing I had the kind of heart to give up my life and serve the way she does. The first day I heard about her blog I literally read through EVERY SINGLE ENTRY. I am so fascinated by her love for the Lord, her strength and her heart. I hope you have a chance to read through it...you will not be disappointed!

1 comment:

  1. You are so precious! I always appreciate your honesty in your blogs. a lot of people wouldn't admit that, but you are right & I guess it is normal to have those thoughts of where would you be!
    I feel that way too.
    Sounds interesting-is it a book or a blog?

    ReplyDelete