"Love talked about can be easily pushed aside, but love demonstrated is irresistable"-W Stanley Mooneyham

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Look who's coming to visit!

First of all, thank you SO much to everyone who reads this blog! Yesterday I had an all time high hits on here...apparently I should be blogging about Postcard from Paris every day!

For the past two weeks I've been preparing for a special visitor coming my way. She's not a princess, but I believe someone told her she was when she was a child and she's been confused ever since. My sister and I have been joking about our cleaning techniques when this particular woman comes to town...here was my text message to her yesterday...

"Kelly! I'm getting anxiety over this visit...I've cleaned my cabinets (I just had to google the spelling of that word...I think it's time I head back to school), I've cleaned my refrigerator, I've scrubbed floors, cleaned closets, organized, swept, dusted and yet I still woke up at 6am and went to empty the 4 dishes that were in the dishwasher because I have a feeling she's going to find something she doesn't like in this house!"

Who am I talking about you ask??



My Mom!

I love my mom with my whole heart, and I know she'd still love me if she walked in my house and it was a wreck...well, after a few hours, but don't let this picture fool you. She is not a hat wearing, jeans loving individual...she's a diva. She sometimes confuses herself with Heather Locklear, and when we go places she likes to be treated as if she were Heather. For instance, when she drove me to high school my freshman year we got pulled over THREE times by the SAME cop...do you think she ever got that ticket?! Heavens no...she came up with some kind of charming excuse and he gave her 3 warnings. True story. It was at that time that I realized my mom was different.

Here's a more accurate picture of her...



All of this to say I've been pulling out every stop I've got up my sleeve to make the queen my precious mother happy.

Here's what I'm talking about.

I cleaned my wedding china (that I LOVE, but have never once used) and set my dining room table as if we're about to have Thanksgiving dinner at my house.



I've washed her sheets and towels in these...



Do you see the scent of that Glamorous Wash?? Yeah... (Which is the best smell ever by the way)

I've straightened, dusted and cleaned every room. (Gosh, I need one of those Postcard from Paris designers for this room...it looks drab!)



I've had her room prepared for weeks now.



And I even asked God to give us a pretty sunset when she arrives at 6pm tomorrow night...we had a practice session last night which I told him was perfect!



We are prepared here at the Ayers house for Janet to get here, and I couldn't be more excited!!

My mom is honestly the most precious, funny, loving and caring woman in the whole entire world, and I've been counting down the days until her arrival for weeks now! I've been Mom-sick for the past 3 months while she's been in Australia and New Zealand and I am so thrilled that the time is actually here for her to come see me! Lord knows we'll be laughing our way through the next 5 days together because she can make me laugh like none other...I love you, Mom and can't wait for you to get here!!

I'll keep you updated on our adventures!

4 comments:

  1. You both crack me up, I love reading about mother/daughter relationships! They are all so different, yet so similar. I was just wondering if I invite your mom to my house, will you come clean and stage mine too? :) Have a great visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm dying!!! This is the absolute truth! I had my car detailed last week and I've been cleaning since I found out she is coming next week;) I can't stop laughing over this post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this post! This is SO funny to me!! You are such a talented writer, Meg!! I can't wait to see what you and your mommy do while she's there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhhh janet. i miss her so much! give her a big hug for me :) hope yall have a blast!!

    ReplyDelete