"Love talked about can be easily pushed aside, but love demonstrated is irresistable"-W Stanley Mooneyham

Monday, January 10, 2011

The oh so very popular title...SNOW DAY!!

All weekend long Blake and I were taunted with the idea that we MIGHT actually get a little snow here in Columbia...

I could only hope for a paid day off due to snow!

So Sunday night we decided to take our chances, stay up until all hours of the night and make a trip to Wal-Mart to get these...



The Justin Bieber Backstage Pass game...

I kid. I kid.

In case the power went out we sure didn't want to be bored. For some reason we chose Scrabble (???) and one of my newest favorite games...Phase 10.

It was late...I'll let the Scrabble idea slide.

We also hit up every grocery store in town...

Twice.

Here were just a few of the things we got...can we say processed?!



The guy checking me out at the grocery store and I were laughing because if our power actually did go out, we would have been left with chips and cheese straws...

I may have been hitting up our little old neighbors for more than just a cup of sugar.

So that night we stayed up wayyyy too late...



playing this...(if you've never played, go buy it! We had so much fun!)



Even the dogs knew good and well it was too late to be awake at that hour...



So we tried not to disturb them with our lighting.

My eyes are still straining...



The next morning we woke up to the best snow ever!



Himmies is not too good with cold weather so I tried to bundle him up with his jacket, but I forgot it was the one I got him when he was born...

Fat guy in a little coat...



I tried to hold and protect him from the snow....

Last time we tried this I ended up blow drying snow balls out of his fur for 30 minutes and I didn't want a repeat...



But there was no chance. In 4 seconds flat he was out of my arms and frolicking in the powder.



After lasting all of 90 seconds I hopped back in the heat and whipped us up a fancy meal...



apparently it's true what they say...food is the way to a man's heart...

5 comments:

  1. this is the sweetest post! i love that you sat and played cards late at night and then had a fun day!!! so precious! and you and himmies both look FAB! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my bejeesus, you know the way to my heart... PHASE 10!!! MAN I WISH I LIVED IN COLUMBIA SO WE COULD PLAY TOGETHER!! I've only spent the last 4 years trying to convince everyone I know to play it with me and no one will :(
    We're kindred spirits Megan Ayers... phase ten, salty,salty food, and sweetie pea boys.
    missing you always!
    ps.... recipes still coming!
    hope you had the most fun snow day, i would've spent it exactly the same way except I don't think Rupert would try the snow if I begged him, poor little scaredy cat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how fun! im a big phase 10 fan!

    scrabble.. well. lets just say my best words are usually cat/dog/and any other 3 letter word combos.. i stay away :)

    and what a sweet hubby! the snow looks so fun!! wish i couldve been there to play for a little bit.

    miss you love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww thank you girls for the sweet comments!! I miss all of you so stinking much!!! Breen I laughed so hard at your scrabble comment because those were my exact words. I got most excited about "Ox" because "x" was like a 10 point word. haha And Callie you are my kindred spirit!! I can't believe you love that game...WHY AREN'T YOU HERE?! I love you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yall make me SO jealous!!! I'm so glad you took the change and got your snow day! what a fun day!

    ReplyDelete