"Love talked about can be easily pushed aside, but love demonstrated is irresistable"-W Stanley Mooneyham

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Curls are for Girls...

I've had a few of you ask me to show you how I curl my hair, so here is a horrible attempt at showing you! :)

Thank you to Blake for taking the pictures, making fun of me in the process, and making me laugh and almost burn my hair off...I love ya!

Let me just say that the amazingly talented Bryan Fowler, my hairstylist (who used to be at Wilson's on Washington, but just recently opened his own salon with his wife called Mod) was the one who showed me how to do this, so if you actually want to learn...go see him! :)

Let me also say that I tried this on my sister when she came to town last time...and it took about 10 minutes to get the hang of it on someone else.

So the moral of the story is just play around with it. It took me a long time to get it, but I finally did.

Here we go...

First of all, you will use your straightner (a 1 inch) NOT a curling iron...



Bump up the heat to the "please fry each cuticle" setting...



Section off a small piece...



and curl AWAY from your face...please excuse the chipping nail polish-it's getting worse and worse every day, but I can't seem to take it off.



Continue to pull the hair through the straightner in a "curling" motion...I sometimes have to guide my hair through with my other hand.



And another angle...Oh and please excuse the mess behind me...



And there you have it...a curl! For a girl...



I hope this helps a tad bit, but if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask! Happy Wednesday! :)

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your hair tips with us! Your hair always looks fabulous in your pictures :) I'll have to try your technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh fun... I can't wait to try this!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANK you MEGAN & BLAKE!!! I am SO excited to have the instructions first hand :)
    I tried it the other day, but my hair kept falling out.
    I will have to try again.
    If you have anymore hair tips, please post! I wish you & Megan E would both post all your hair tips!!! LOL
    I always just pull mine back! I never seem to have the patience! However, i'ts kind of hard to curl naturally curly hair after i've straightened it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i don't know if i have the coordination...

    let's hang out, megan!! we are sooo close!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A little late to comment, but I would have NEVER guessed this is how you did it!! I've read this about 6 times now... wondering if I'm going to get the hang of it! :) I surely will keep you posted but having blonde curls sometimes looks a little messy!

    ReplyDelete