"Love talked about can be easily pushed aside, but love demonstrated is irresistable"-W Stanley Mooneyham

Monday, October 11, 2010

Ouch...

I hate to re-live this game, but I'll recap anyway...

It started out great! We're National Champions...we're #1...they're #19...there's nothing to worry about, people!



We walked to that stadium with confidence.



Thanks to sweet Meg and her parents we enjoyed an awesome tailgate with amazing food! (I switched the setting on my camera and it made all of these pictures blurry-sorry!)



The boys played corn hole



and we relaxed under the tent where it wasn't 100 degrees :)



I was so happy to have Kiley and Erin with us all weekend!!



A family about to be VERY divided...



At the last minute we got (FREE!) tickets into the game...I was so excited!



Blake and I were blissful...in the beginning...



But shortly after I traded him for a new man...the only one in that sea of awfulness...I think he could have passed as my child! He was so precious.



I was too horrified to take any more pictures of the game after this, but thankfully God gave me a pretty sunset to look at as we walked down the stadium...



"This just happened! I can't believe this just happened! Megan, do you realize this just happened?!!!"

SHUT UP BLAKE!!!!!

It hurt to watch him gloat...






When we left there was dancing in the street...



bottles popping...



and ranting and raving from those Gamecocks, but I tried to not let it ruin my night...



We saw all of the girls after the game so we had to take one last picture!



Double the gloating...



We finally got home, ate our sorrows away and Kiley regained her composure for this picture...sort of



The dogs were just happy we were finally home!



The next day Teddy and I moped around the house



But it was worth it to have everyone there...even if the game did not turn out as planned, we had a house full of people we loved all weekend, and that made me so happy! When they all left we slept our sadness away...

3 comments:

  1. It looks like y'all had such a fun weekend!! Too bad the game was terrible:( Naphtali loved the picture of the "shree goggy's". And she got excited when she saw Bake and May May;) We love you! I'm ready to come see you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the pictures! I agree though, what an upset! :( I was cheering on BAMA too just b/c I am not a USC fan by ANY means! In my opinion, it was a bad weekend for football, gamecocks showing out & clemson losing! However, Im sure both of our husbands beg to differ!
    Glad ya'll had fun! & at least you didn't have a long ride home w/ the gloating husband! ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sad story! precious picture of you and sleeping teddy!

    ReplyDelete