"Love talked about can be easily pushed aside, but love demonstrated is irresistable"-W Stanley Mooneyham

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Office...Home Makeover Edition

Do you remember this room? Perhaps from this post?!



Yikes...



It desperately needed some work. It was becoming our "storage room" fast, and I don't like when real rooms become storage rooms (so we moved all of this "storage" to another non-room??) Ok we just reshuffled crap, but that's not the point.

The point is we have a brand new office, and here it is!



And another view...



And a view of the "sitting area" that still needs a little help. Originally I wanted those chairs from Ikea, but I realized it wasn't going to happen so I went shopping in my house and found these two chairs around my dining room table that weren't being used! That's the best kind of shopping...

I found the little table and lamp on sale at Target, so Mom and I grabbed them as well.



So here's the progression...



I cleared all of this junk out and moved the desk to the other wall.

Do you see how we had one shade, and a naked window??



Well, we found these curtains on clearance at Target for $7 a panel! They instantly warmed the room up, so I was happy.



Then we added this rug...



And then my husband came home, and it turned into this...



poor little thing had so many boxes to go through...



So last night I sneaked in there, compiled all of his junk, and shoved it in the corner (Can you tell I like to do that??)



And made you think it was perfectly spotless :)



Minus the rug, we re-did the room for about $150...mostly by going through the house and re-shuffling furniture, accessories, ect.

But I was excited to find this rug (and especially on clearance!) at Capel Rugs. I told Blake we could use it later down the road...perhaps in a nursery or the guest bedroom or some other useful room, so he agreed!

I was in serious need of lamps, so we all set out on the mission to find good, cheap lamps. My mother-in-law found this one at TJ Maxx, which is now my favorite! If you see the room in person, I think it makes the room!



And then we found this one at Target for $29.99 (the base) and $19.99 (for the shade)...not too bad, and I love it in there!



I actually LOVE going in that room now, and hopefully Blake does too!

Mission Accomplished.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE it! I also love how husbands have an ability to clutter up a room in nanoseconds. I made Scott pick up and hide all of his papers and other junk before he left. Then, when I got home from the airport, I was so tempted to pull it all back out just to make it feel like he was still here. I guess I'll take the junk cluttering up the house over him not being here any day. But, for now, I'm going to enjoy a year of living clutter free! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!!! That looks so great Megan! I am in LOVE with that rug!!!! That changed the room totally! I love it!!!! I wish I was there to see it in person;) Love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That room is beautiful!!!!!!!!! You did such a wonderful job!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is AWESOME! you did great! I am SOOOO shocked @ the price you did it for that's amazing!!! :) Go you!! I love it :)
    Blake--please keep it clean! :) ha :)

    ReplyDelete