"Love talked about can be easily pushed aside, but love demonstrated is irresistable"-W Stanley Mooneyham

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Dress Me Up!

My favorite piece of clothing is a great dress, and when I think of summer, I think of wearing the perfect dress. You have weddings and beach trips and date nights out so you are bound to need at least a couple for the season. So here are a few of my favorites for summer!


The Long Dress


Diane von Furstenberg $385 Saks.com


J.Crew On sale $250 Jcrew.com


Diane von Furstenberg $795 dvf.com
Rachel Pally $251 shopbop.com
The Short Dress
French Connection $298 Bloomingdales.com


Diane von Furstenberg $375 dvf.com


Seneca Rising $150 Saks.com


Herve Leger On sale $696.50 Shopbop.com


Alice and Olivia $396 BergdorfGoodman.com
The Colorful Dress (My newest love!)

French Connection $288 Bloomingdales.com



ABS by Allen Schwartz On sale $273.75 Bloomingdales.com


Tibi $255 Shopbop.com Parker $245 Saks.com


Clearly these are not all the "budget friendly" dresses, but as you probably know, all stores make "similar versions" (aka-usually copy exactly) the designer dresses. Don't feel bad when you look at a beautiful dress and can't afford it...chances are you'll see them in the affordable stores in a couple of months!
My rule of thumb is to buy at least one expensive nice piece of clothing per year. You end up having a closet full of great clothing over the years, as long as you take care of them, and you can piece the cheaper things with the nicer ones and no one will know the difference!

1 comment:

  1. Megan, I so LOVE the first long DVF dress, how fabulous!! Thanks for sharing...maybe one day I can just hire you as my professional shopper!

    ReplyDelete