"Love talked about can be easily pushed aside, but love demonstrated is irresistable"-W Stanley Mooneyham

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

My one year anniversary gift!!


My Precious husband came home the day before we left for our 4th of July weekend and told me to close my eyes because he had a surprise for me. In our house normally a surprise means a pack of chicklets or Bubble Tape, so you can imagine my surprise when all of a sudden I felt a light little chain hit my neck!

In my head I was thinking "Oh my gosh!! Is this real?! I hope he didn't get me something we could afford, say like out of the 25 cent machine...I hope it's real!!"

He told me to open my eyes, so I did and ran to the mirror and about fell on the floor!! It was a necklace that I couldn't stop talking about a couple of weeks ago, but I never thought he heard me say anything about it!

I love cross necklaces, but I could never find one that I actually liked on, but when I saw this one I thought it was the most perfect, dainty little thing!

Neither one of us can keep a gift in our possession for more that 12 hours before we have to give it to the other so when it was delivered that day he said he couldn't wait until July 11th (our anniversary) to give it to me. It made for a PERFECT surprise to go with a perfect year together!! I've always said I love gifts with meaning so I am so excited that I will always be able to look at this and think of our first year together!

Here it is on...look hard :)

3 comments:

  1. Aww I love it! I'm the same way with cross necklaces. I love them and would love to have one someday. But, I have yet to find one that I really like. That is so teeny tiny and precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THIS NECKLACE!!!!! Holy cow I love that so much and it looks incredible on you! What a fun surprise!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it :) I love how dainty it is! how sweet! yay for the one year! :)
    Ps-the part about i hope its something we can't afford-cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete