"Love talked about can be easily pushed aside, but love demonstrated is irresistable"-W Stanley Mooneyham

Thursday, May 13, 2010

A few of my favorite things

I remember at some point in college my dad sat me down (probably after I had just insisted that I had to have a certain large "present") and said "make sure that you never let "things" define who you are, make sure YOU define youself apart from those things."

It was a great lesson for me because up until that point that's exactly what I would do...let things define who I was instead of working harder on the inside.

With that said...I don't think there's anything wrong with liking nice things or getting nice presents (in fact I love both!), but I think it's important to keep those things in perspective. So on that note I thought I would share a few of my favorite (some priceless, some cheap and some just down right expensive!) things.



Birdie. Ok ok so this is not supposed to be my favorite list of people, but let's be honest, she's kind of like a fake little doll, and she's my favorite thing in the entire world so there was no way I could leave her out. I mean look at those little fingers and they way she accessorized herself-ADORABLE. Her name is Naphtali Megan Ford...yes, that would be my little tiny namesake and I love her more than life itself. And by the way, she's the "priceless" one I was talking about :)


The Nikon D-90 Camera...I've told Blake to save every bit of money he ever wants to spend on me until he's saved up enough to buy this for me! I think that will be hard for him because he loves giving (and getting!) surprises-we both are the same in that area.

A beautiful upholstered French headboard to look at when I lay my head down at night. I think these are so classy and whimsical (my favorite word). I'd also like a King size temperpedic mattress to go with it, thank you.


These suede J Crew MacAlister boots have Europe written all over them. If I had the long legs to wear a cute pair of shorts, a white V-neck tee and a blazer with these it may be my staple wardrobe, but I'm afraid I'll have to leave that to someone else for now. (On sale for $118)

These black Ray-Ban sunglasses. I love the shape. I love the size. I love it all. (about $135)



This painting called Paris by Guy Stevens is one of my newest favorites. His originals run somewhere between $6,000 and $10,000, but a copy on canvas is about $130. I just love all of the colors, and the fact that it's Paris. Nikki got me turned on to this, and I'm in love with him now


Ok new brides and older wives do yourself a favor and invest in this William Sonoma 6-piece Goldtouch bakeware set (for $99.95). It was HONESTLY the BEST INVESTMENT of all of my wedding gifts. I promise you will love them-absolutely NOTHING sticks and they are a cinch to clean (and dishwasher safe). Take my word on this one...



I hope you enjoyed a couple of my favorite things...Look for my beauty products edition next!

No comments:

Post a Comment