"Love talked about can be easily pushed aside, but love demonstrated is irresistable"-W Stanley Mooneyham

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Our fun news!

Apparently I should have clarified yesterday before my phone/email/facebook blew up asking me, "ARE YOU PREGNANT?!?!!"

That would be a...

NO.


I don't think that will be happening for a few years so any "fun news" I have will most likely be regarding paint colors, fixtures, carpets, ect. :)



And that would be because yesterday we signed a contract to buy this little thing...



I am SO excited about it! Blake and I have completely different tastes in houses...I wanted the newer house, smaller yard, close knit neighborhood...he wanted the old soul house with the big yard, and I think we came to a perfect compromise.



I do have to give the credit to Brittney's mom, Tracy for finding this for us though...she was amazing!



Once we started looking into buying/building/leasing we just couldn't come to a decision about it, but the more I looked at "Blake's kind of houses" I completely agreed with him...I love the older houses!



So here is one of my favorite things about the house...where we will hopefully be having lots of parties!



And thankfully, the dogs will have lots of room to move!



As soon as we walked in I felt like I was home...



The kitchen!



The Master bedroom...




And my first order of business as long as everything goes smoothly...


DE-TOILE!!


I can't wait to trasform the space because in person it has so many great characteristics!



So...there you have it! As long as the whole process goes as planned we should be closing on June 3rd. I'll keep you updated!


Happy Wednesday!


Off to work for me...

19 comments:

  1. Oh Megan... Its SO beautiful!! Congrats!! Is this in Greenville?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Meg! It has a Greenville address, but it's kind of in Simpsonville :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, what a BEAUTIFUL house!! wow, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH. MY. GOSH!!! Megan this house is absolutely AMAZING!!!! Congrats to you and Blake!!! You didn't show a pic of the guest room though! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha! Kristen and Erin...THANK YOU!! Erin, don't you worry...I'm trying to play hard to get with you coming to Greenville! Annnnnd it may need a little paint, but don't you worry...we'll get on it asap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, I was reading your Easter blog when I saw there was going to be BIG news...I clicked over to facebook to email you and then I saw the link to this post...Yes, my email was going to say ARE YOU PREGNANT?? LOL.

    i had no idea you were already working here! Yay!
    I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your house!!!!! I am SO Excited for you! it's beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man oh man.... I love this so much!! It is legit perfect! I was like hmm... wonder what the news could be?! So excited for you guys and can't wait to see yall in just a few weeks in Asheville!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a perfect house! I adore that foyer! And the kitchen is great! :) Can't wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for the sweet comments everyone!!! I can't wait to share more with you as soon as we get in it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOSH I CAN NOT WAIT TO BRING THE BABIES!!!!! I'm SO EXCITED for y'all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! Getting a house and making it your own is so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just KNEW that you were pregnant!! The time will come ;) So omg. The house is amazing. AH-MAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  13. horrayyyy!!! its so fun! super jealous of your awesome porch and back yard! and your big bath tub. ahh.. and all of it really! im all for older houses that have a little more character than the new cookie cutter ones that everyone has :) good pick! love you! and i might need to make reservations for the first of august :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. AMAZING!!!! PERFECT FOR A FAMILY!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations!! The house is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So excited! I love the house - great style and colors already...love the staircase and the porch especially. Do you know about the blog called young-house-love? Very cute and it reminds me of you and Blake! Come by and see us. S.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is so good to hear from you, Megan! I love reading your blog and your new house is adorable!!! We'll have to come see y'all when we're up that way for sure. I'm so happy to see everything is going great for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  18. congrats!! this house is stunning!

    ReplyDelete