"Love talked about can be easily pushed aside, but love demonstrated is irresistable"-W Stanley Mooneyham

Monday, May 9, 2011

Trying to catch my breath...and on second thought...

Whewwwww...

That's all I can say. This has been the craziest two weeks I've had in who knows how long. We've made decisions, and then un-made those decisions, dreamed big, then dreamed smaller, and in the midst of a million things going on I'm trying to hang on for dear life :)

That's life, right?

I feel like I've gotten a crash course in how to "go with the flow and become a real adult" lately...all good things to learn, that's for sure!

So to stop rambling and tell you what I'm talking about here we go...

I started my new job.
Blake has been traveling back and forth working so hard-I'm so proud of him!
We put a contract on a house
Then we had second thoughts...
Then we said yes, let's get it!
Then we said wait, we're not ready...

And then we decided because we're young and want to enjoy these "young" years and have as much fun as we can before we REALLY settle down...we decided we weren't quite ready to be tied down to a house...and for that matter...a bigger house payment :)

So...I'm happy to say that I am so very thankful that we actually did have second thoughts, and were forced to take a good hard look at what we really wanted.

We're leaning towards just renting an apartment for the next year so we can both let our hearts settle down to a normal beat, and re-evaluate what we want at that point :)

So sorry to leave you hanging for so long, and even more sorry for this boring post! Don't worry...I have a bit more exciting one swimming around in my head...

Stay tuned :)

XOXO!!

5 comments:

  1. I know those are hard decisions, especially for the wife (who loves "the nest"). So proud of ya'll for making the harder/wiser decision! I loved that house, but there will always be amazing houses available. I think ya'll should rent something fun downtown, this is the best time to do it, before kids! Where ever you all decide, I know without a doubt you'll make it beautiful. And, now you don't have to take down 5 rolls of toile wallpaper :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy these years. You'll have lots more to settle down. My parents have a condo in downtown Greenville and they love being able to walk to restaurants or music or just sit on the grass at falls park. And they don't have to spend their free time doing yard work. I think it would be fun to have an apartment downtown. Just a thought :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth...you just made me laugh so hard!! haha I love it! That is SUCH a good point! I totally agree with both of you about the downtown apartment...we'll see what happens, but thank you both for the sweet comments!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you blogged :) Sprinkle & I both missed u :)
    SO glad things are going good, but I hope they settle down soon! :)
    I totally lOVED the house, but I'm so glad you did what made y'all happy :)
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. blah blah blah... boring boring boring.... huh! tell us something funny... like something Blake did bc he's always doing funny stuff... this is dumb!

    HAHAHA! Totally kidding! great choice by the way! I heard on the radio the other day that people who spend money on experiences and not on things live much longer... by about 10 to 15 years longer...

    ReplyDelete